Monday, November 21, 2011

Holiday Cake Pops

The "holiday season" is upon us! I love this time of year!! When I was growing up my Mom always had me in the kitchen with her while she was baking or making candy. You can make candy any time of year but there are special treats saved for the holidays that everyone looks forward to. This year cake pops are added to the mix. :)

I was completely clueless before I tried my first batch that there was such a huge cake pop community that always traces back to the Queen of Cake Pops, Bakerella. I've only created a few batches of cake pops but I definitely know why they are so addicting now. They are delicious and such a treat but completely satisfying with just a few bites.

Even though my cake pops don't even come close to Bakerella's creations and there are no cute characters represented (yet), I think my cake pops are pretty cute and I know they taste awesome! My most recent batches were for a friend wanting to send some goodies home for the Thanksgiving holiday. I used chocolate cake with a homemade chocolate buttercream icing then dipped each one in peanut butter flavored candy melts. I then sprinkled each one with some fall colored, leaf-shaped sprinkles to make them a bit festive.


I need to give a shout out to Wilton for their Chocolate Pro Electric Melting Pot. I recently ordered this from Amazon and it was so easy to use and improved the entire process.

I also did another batch of winter-themed cake pops. I was asked to use a Coconut Cake recipe similar to one my friend's Mom would use to make homemade cakes. I thought they were delicious! I made the white cake mix as directed and then used the sour cream, sugar and coconut mixture to bind all the ingredients. I dipped each cake pop into the blue candy melts and then sprinkled each cake pop with some sanding sugar and toasted coconut.



Here are the cake pops wrapped and ready for shipping!




I hope you are enjoying your holiday baking and candy making as well! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment