Tuesday, December 6, 2011

KitchenAid at Last!

There is something about having your Birthday so close to Christmas. That "something" usually means a combination gift! One gift that counts for both your Birthday and Christmas - and typically you feel like you are missing out on something awesome. Whether you think you are missing out on another gift or a party it feels like everyone else that doesn't have a Birthday in December is getting something extra.

I would be lying if I said I had never felt this way before. I am excited to let you know that THIS year the combo-gift is welcomed. :) To tell you how much this is appreciated I have to back up just a little bit...

Last weekend I was in the kitchen getting ready to make some cake pops...I was mixing my cake batter with my hand mixer when smoke started coming out of it! The hand mixer literally burnt up from use. It isn't that I was attached to that mixer, it had served me well. I also didn't want to spend money on a new mixer. (Just a reminder, we aren't too far away from Christmas and like everyone else I have a list of people to buy things for - or bake things for. :))

I was dreading a month of heavy baking without a mixer and started to panic. This is the month where family and friends are all waiting for me to produce tasty candies and Christmas goodies. It was going to be a loooong month. Fortunately for me, and my tasty treat recipients, the NEXT day I was given an early combo Birthday/Christmas gift - a KITCHENAID MIXER!!! Talk about perfect timing!!! Here is a stock photo of the beautiful KitchenAid Architect 6qt. mixer.

Here is another picture of the mixer on my counter, its new home, and next to my other favorite appliance - my Blendtec blender. Think of the mixing power I have now!




Here is the first picture of the mixer in action... <3
So, now that my mixing worries are over and it looks like I will be able to handle even MORE baking this Holiday season...it is time to get started! Here are a few pictures of the first items that started out with a mix in the Kitchenaid.

Cake Pops!!!


Cupcakes!!!

I hope you are enjoying the Holidays!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment