Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Baby Reveal

I was so excited to do this cake! A friend approached me about creating a baby reveal cake for her. The couple has family ties to Hawaii and for some reason it made me think of a sea turtle. I was given the envelope with the sonogram picture and waited to open it....waited until my friend was far enough away that she couldn't see my reaction when I opened it! She already has a little boy so when I opened the envelope and saw it said GIRL I knew they would be so excited! We had discussed cake flavors previously and decided that if it was a girl that I would bake a strawberry cake. Strawberry cake with a strawberry filling and a vanilla buttercream icing.

I was nervous the night before the baby reveal party. As soon as I opened the cake box I could smell strawberry! I was scared she would know what she was having before she even sliced the cake. Luckily, after I iced the cake all you could smell was vanilla. :)





Slicing the cake!


First slice is out.
 Here was the first picture they posted to announce to friends who weren't present when they cut the cake. Family was present and some were participating via Skype. Such a great way to get everyone involved and to share such a joyous moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment